A spin off of Super Hero Become

"SOMEONE LIKE ME" - 1x02

Alex
    Alex
    Admin

"SOMEONE LIKE ME" - 1x02 Empty "SOMEONE LIKE ME" - 1x02

Post by Alex on Sat May 18, 2013 1:49 am

Jake was awake before his eyes opened. His mother had already left for work, and he realized that he was alone. He looked down at his phone, and it said 10:27 AM. He hadn't gotten any texts, and he decided it was time to clean his room. It wasn't very dirty to begin with, but by 11:04, his room was spotless.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

"SOMEONE LIKE ME" - 1x02 Empty Re: "SOMEONE LIKE ME" - 1x02

Post by Emmalee on Sat May 18, 2013 2:06 am

Aurora had gone to bed late, just before her mother had awoken, luckily for her that meant she would not be in trouble. Her gray blue eyes slowly opened to peer at the clock, which read 11:00. She yawned and sat up to stretch out before kicking her feet out from under the covers and standing. She ran her fingers through her messy bed head.
    She took a short shower, braiding her still wet hair and bruising her teeth. She them grabbed her backpack and filled it with a few things before walking into the kitchen. Her mom sat at the kitchen table, smoking a cigarette in her work clothes. "Morning Mom! I'm going to go out for a bit, hang out with some friends." Aurora said, leaning down to kiss her mother's cheek.
    Her mother's eye brow arched, surprised at her daughter's statement, smile broke out across her face. She would question her daughter about who later but for now all she said was "Have fun, stay safe Aurora!"
    And with that Aurora was out the door, taking an apple before she left and biting into it. She fingers fumbled to get a grip on her phone before she sent a text to Jake, his number faded slightly on her hand.
    The text simply said I'm starting on my way to your house
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Sat May 18, 2013 2:13 am

Jake noticed the reply and sent back an earnest "K". He thought about it, then replied. "Let me know when you're here."
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee on Sat May 18, 2013 2:17 am

She walked for awhile, then replied as she was walking to his building I'm just getting to your building. She then continued to walk and went to the apartment door, knocking on the door softly.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Sat May 18, 2013 2:35 am

Ruby was running late that morning. She ran a brush through her hair quickly, putting on a quick layer of make-up before she left the house. She whistled loudly for the cab and she practically jumped in.
    "Royal Ridge please!" She exhaled loudly, her hair blowing up in front of her. Within about fifteen minutes she was there and she ran up the stairs.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Sat May 18, 2013 2:38 am

(Let's pretend the girls got there at the same time.)

Jake opened the door, smiling. "Hey, guys." He said, letting the two girls into his house.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee on Sat May 18, 2013 9:13 pm

"Hello Jake, Ruby. How's your day been?" She asked as she walked in, her eyes peering about. She turned to look at them, smiling a little, the bags under her eyes were evident.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Sun May 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Ruby's chest heaved slightly, attempting to catch her breath. She took in her new environment, which was Jake's apartment. She looked between the two and he couldn't help but notice Jake ogling Aurora.
    "I've been running late!" Ruby answered Aurora, looking over to Jake. "How was yours?" She redirected the conversation back to Jake.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Sun May 19, 2013 2:27 pm

"Mine's been pretty good." Jake said, with a grin. He closed the door behind the girls and seated himself in a chair opposite the couch. He looked around the room and realized just how many baby pictures his mother had displayed of him. His gray eyes shined with modest embarrassment, his mother was that kind of a cliché that had naked baby pictures instead of in suits. "So, I'm gonna be honest, I'm glad I met you two. As you can tell at school, I'm not the most popular guy." Jake said, with a grim laugh.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Sun May 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Ruby made a face at him, shaking her head. "Oh please, nobody here is popular. And I'd say you're popular enough." She laughed lightly, leaning back in her chair. Her eyes danced about the room, noticing the absolutely adorable baby pictures hanging on the walls just about everywhere. Ruby couldn't hide the smile creeping up on her lips, so she bit on them, hoping that would work. She could see his slight embarrassment when he realized that they were all there.
    At least he's adorable tho! Ruby thought to herself.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Sun May 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Jake laughed at the realization. "Sure, whatever you say. Maybe you should come up to the OC when we go back to school. The potheads used to go up there, but ever since I started, they found a new spot." Jake said.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Sun May 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Ruby tilted her head to the side, her brow furrowing slightly. "What's the OC?" She asked, curious as to what he was talking about. Ruby had lived around here forever, but she never actually went anywhere and most the time didn't know what people were talking about she just always played it off as best as she could.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Sun May 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Jake grinned. "Well, it's the highly exclusive Outcast Cafeteria. It's on the roof of good old Midtown High." Jake smiled as he spoke the words. "Go Mustangs." He said, rolling his eyes.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Sun May 19, 2013 2:54 pm

"Ohhhhhh." Ruby nodded in understanding. "That sounds really cool! We will definitely all have to go sometime." Ruby looked at Aurora, "Don't you think?" She smiled, her eyes wandering off to the pictures on the wall again.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee on Sun May 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Aurora nodded, her smile growing on her face. "It sounds like a really interesting interesting place to eat. We'll have to eat there when we go back to school." She said gently, looking them in the eyes.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Sun May 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Jake grinned. "So, what all did you two want to do today? My mom gets off at ten tonight, but until then, you have my undivided attention." He said.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Sun May 19, 2013 3:07 pm

"Hmm... I dunno, what's there to do? I mean I don't go around much, just working and school and hangin' out at home." Ruby shrugged, looking between Aurora and Jake. "Did you guys have anything in mind?" She asked.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee on Sun May 19, 2013 3:12 pm

She shrugged "I don't really care all that much. We could do anything, really. Go to the park, catch a movie, go out and grab a bite, just walk around. It's Reilly up to you guys."
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Sun May 19, 2013 3:16 pm

"I don't care either." Jake said, with a grin. He looked up as his brother entered the apartment. "Jake, do you have any...?" Jack stopped as he saw the girl with the stitches. "EW! What happened to this freak?!?" Jack exclaimed.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee on Tue May 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Aurora flinched at his words, her smile turning into a frown. "Um. My name is Aurora, and there was an accident." She said, her voice soft, eyes glued to the floor.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Tue May 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Jake stood up, angrily. "Get the hell out of here!" He yelled at his physically imposing brother. "I was just curious, Jake. Don't have to get so defensive over your ugly girlfriend." Jack said. "OUT." Jake replied. Jack rolled his eyes, and then left. "He's an idiot." Jake said to the girl, looking at Ruby for help.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Tue May 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Ruby swallowed, watching Jack and recognizing him from the night before. She could feel her disgust pooling in the pit of her stomach and she stood, straightening her clothes.
    "Um, would you excuse me for a moment? I need to make a quick phone call." Ruby nodded toward Jake and followed Jack out.
    "Well that was rude." She spat at Jack, her hands burning with the flames she so badly wanted to throw his way.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Tue May 21, 2013 8:45 pm

"Shut up, you freak. Just cause Jakey is nice to you doesn't mean anything. He latches on to anyone that will show him attention. Sometimes I wish he'd cut a little deeper when he tried to off himself the first time." Jack said, slamming his apartment door behind him.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Tue May 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Ruby could see that Jack was about to slam the door and she sped in behind him. Her eyes twitched with anger when Jack said all those awful things and the burning in her hands was getting unbearable. She narrowed her eyes, her jaw tightening.
    "Is that so?" She growled and the fire blew from her hands into him.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Tue May 21, 2013 9:06 pm

"What the hell???" Jack said, before his unconsciousness hit. His burnt body slid towards the ground, in need of some serious attention. Jake opened his apartment door. "Ruby?" He said, cautiously.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:15 am