A spin off of Super Hero Become

"SOMEONE LIKE ME" - 1x02

Emmalee
    Emmalee

"SOMEONE LIKE ME" - 1x02 - Page 3 Empty Re: "SOMEONE LIKE ME" - 1x02

Post by Emmalee on Mon May 27, 2013 4:43 pm

She shrugged, "I don't know, I haven't tried to do anything with it since it happened, I was just going to ignore it."
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Mon May 27, 2013 4:46 pm

"So wait, what does this mean? Cause I haven't gotten bitten by any radioactive spiders or flies lately, my parents are alive, and the video of my mother having me proves I'm not an alien...what does this mean? Am I a mutant?" Jake asked.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee on Mon May 27, 2013 5:02 pm

"I'm...not sure? Mutant probably would be the best description of it." She said, biting her lip. Her lips stayed curve in a content smile.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Tue May 28, 2013 11:29 am

Jake looked at the two girls. "How did we all wind up together?" Jake asked. It really was fate.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:35 am

Aurora smiled widely, shrugging in response to his words. She laughed a little, feeling her happiness bubble over as she thought of what just happened within the course of perhaps, 20 minutes? "What now? We have these, these skills, these abilities, these.. powers. Do we just accept it and continue on with our lives?"
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:42 am

"Well we have to protect who we can, right? Isn't that how the comics and movies always start? Don't we have to be heroes?" Jake asked, halfway jokingly.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:11 am

Taking in a deep breath she thought for a moment, saving peoples' lives is something that was important but at the same time, she had to remind herself, this was reality. It was dangerous, they could get hurt, or even die if they're not careful. Aurora ran a hand through her hair, "I- I don't know. This is real life, not some comic book." She said softly, trying not to bring everyone down but also trying to realistic.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:31 am

Ruby looked between them, not wanting to pipe in too much. She had already gone through the shock of finding her powers years ago and she knew that it was crucial to being who they are. They have to figure it out on their own. Ruby would help of course, but only to a certain extent. Plus, honestly, she barely knew them. She was just an outgoing girl who hated being alone and would grab anybody to hang out with her if she was.
    "I used to think that to, Aurora." Ruby began slowly, doing her best to form her words carefully. "I've had my powers for years now and it's not easy to come to terms with, or to even control them for that matter. It took me a while to get them under control, but that might have also had to do with the fact that I was about six when I found out about my powers." Ruby took a deep breath, brushing her dark, wavy bangs out of her eyes.
    "I do help people though. I left last night because I went to help at the bridge scene. I have night vision and super speed as well, and I helped bring the victims to the hospital because if we had waited for the ambulances, half of them wouldn't have made it and they would have bled out by then." Ruby looked down, remembering the terrible sights that she had seen the night before.
    "Now, nobody is forcing you to do anything because as of now, I'm the only one that knows about your powers and I would never dream of ratting ya'll out. I'm just saying that helping save people isn't really a one person job." She gave a small smile, looking up from her hands. Her eyes were hopeful - hopeful that she had found some friends that she would be able to relate to, hopeful that it wouldn't be her against a world of villains trying to take her down. Hopeful that maybe - just maybe - they would be a team.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Jake took in everything the girls had to say. Sure, he could use this ability for fun and just for himself, or he could use it to be a criminal. He looked down at his hands, at his scars that littered his arms. They looked like they were more faint than before, but he didn't linger too much on it. He had a responsibility. It was something his father had instilled in him, the act of service is one of the most amazing things you can do, and if you have the ability to help people, you should. His parents both signified heroes, so why shouldn't he follow in their footsteps. "I'm in." Jake said, before his mind could stop him and try to freak him out. "Let's do this." He said, less rushed than the first time, and a lot more confidently.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Ruby broke out into a wide grin, bright eyes looking at Jake. She turned to Aurora, curious to see her reaction.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:20 pm

She listened to what Ruby said, nodding as she spoke. She knew what the consequences were, she knew this was real life and death was very possible, but despite what logic was telling her, that she should just say no and leave, she found herself breaking into a smile and looking up to look at her newfound friends. Aurora said, eyes bright and voice strong, "I'll do it."
    And at that moment she knew she hadn't made a mistake.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Ruby's face lit up like a bulb. Ruby ran a hand through her hair, fluffing it up a bit.
    "Well, then first thing's first - what are you going to call yourselves when you're saving the world?" Ruby grinned and was interested to hear what they had to say. "You never want anyone else knowing who you really are. I call myself Red, and I think it suits me. What about you guys?" She asked, smiling.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 pm

"I don't know." Jake said, with a small grin. "I've never thought about this before. Of always pictured myself as the guy with the fire powers." Jake said, with a laugh.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:47 pm

She shrugged, not really knowing how to respond. "I guess I haven't thought of it either." Aurora looked to Jake and smiled a little wider, "I don't know maybe we could call you fly boy." She said jokingly.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Ruby grinned. "Can't always get what you want." She said to Jake, laughing and pulled her hair around to one side, leaning on on the leg on the same side. "Well you don't have to decide now, it's just good to have it on your mind so that it'll just hit you with the right name. That kinda happened to me too when I started this whole thing."
    When Aurora chimed in with her suggestion, Ruby burst into laughter. "Yes. Please make my day and be flyboy. Please." She laughed.

((Ahaha flyboy.. lol))
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Jake rolled his eyes. "I'm not being Fly boy unless you two are Fire girl and Force Field chick." Jake said, rolling his eyes.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Ruby smiled, narrowing her eyes and flipping her hair with an attitude. "Well, I already have a name so I can't change it now." She pointed out and laughed about the suggestion for Aurora's name. "I think Jake's suggestion fits you, too." Ruby smiled at Aurora, finding this to be fun.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:34 am

"It does, maybe that's what it'll be. Force field chick, that will strike fear into enemies hearts." She said jokingly, a hand going up to cover her mouth as she laughed
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:14 am

"I think that Human Plane or Bird Boy will strike fear into all the villains hearts." Jake said, with a smile. He smirked as he looked at the girls. "I don't even know what I should wear for this whole thing, doesn't it get pretty cold up in the atmosphere?" Jake said.
    "That depends on if you're on the inside or the outside of the plane, Booger." Jake's mother, Kristina said. She had opened the door whenever Jake had said "Pretty cold". She closed the door behind her, and it was very apparent where Jake got his looks. Her striking gray eyes matched Jake's to a scary degree, and he had her exact complexion and hair color. She had a bag of groceries in her hand, and expertly kicked the door closed while retaining her balance in her heels. "Some accident happened near my work, so they left everyone off paid." She said. As she noticed the two girls, she looked at her son. "Jacob, are you going to introduce me to your friends?" She pondered. Jake stood up. "Mom, this is Ruby," Jake motioned to Ruby, "And Aurora." He said, motioning to Aurora. He stood sheepishly between the three girls.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:03 pm

Aurora smiled, biting her cheek to keep from laughing when Jake's mother had called him Booger. His mother seemed to be a nice woman, she could tell from the happy manner in which she spoke, and just from her overall attitude. "Hello ma'am, it's nice to meet you." She said said softly after he introduced them to his mother.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:17 am

Kristina smiled, showing more of Jake's face in her features. The way her eyes crinkled up and the way her cheeks were so prominent, showing off her dimples, showed who's genes kicked ass when Jake was created. "It's good to meet you too, Aurora." She said. She looked over at the other girl.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:33 am