Super Heroes We Became

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A spin off of Super Hero Become

3 posters

GENESIS - 1x01

Alex
    Alex
    Admin

GENESIS - 1x01 Empty GENESIS - 1x01

Post by Alex Sun May 12, 2013 8:05 pm

Clutching the sides of his windbreaker closely, Jake attempted to hold on to his hotdog and his phone at the same time. His backpack stuck close to him, but would break free if given the chance in the wind. Jake plopped himself down on the red steps of Duffy Square. Jake was out almost alone as it was 2 in the morning. As New York City buzzed loudly around him, horns, people, phones, he wondered why his life had turned to this. Eight hours ago, he had been a normal sophomore at P.S. 834. That was at eight o'clock. Now, he was a fragment of who he was. He didn't know what was going on. He was sure that puberty had already set in. But still...what happened had happened. Nobody had seen it, he thought. He had stepped off roof, ready to go...he knew what people would have said. Jake had definitely been having a hard time at home. At least, that's what he told people. The truth is, he told everyone that to cover up the fact that he was depressed for a reason he wasn't exactly sure of. His mother and father had separated, but it wasn't that that was behind his depression. He wasn't sure what was. His mind kept flashing back to the moment when he had jumped off of the roof...and didn't fall.

He realized, in shock, that he had floated.

Last edited by Alex on Sun May 12, 2013 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

GENESIS - 1x01 Empty Re: GENESIS - 1x01

Post by Emily Sun May 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Ruby twirled a strand of hair around her finger, the red streaks standing out in her dark here. She pulled her leather jacket tighter around her slender figure as the wind picked up. Ruby always had to pass through Duffy Square when coming home from work and she hated it. Ruby hated walking alone, especially at night. Ruby definitely wasn't afraid, she knew that anyone who came up against her would lose.
    That was the thing, any human would lose.
    Ruby had known from when she was a small child that she was different. She could see things that people could, and she quickly learned how to control her anger. Ruby was always known as a little firecracker as a child, always overflowing with personality and independence but none of her family understood how true the nickname actually was.
    Ruby never told anyone about what she had discovered about herself as a child. She was never very trusting of her parents or family, and she always felt as though they were hiding something, even as a child. When Ruby made this discovery, she figured that this had to do with the secrets her parents were keeping. As a result, Ruby and her parents had a rocky relationship and it influenced her continuous rebellion against them.
    The wind picked up as Ruby shuffled along and she yanked the hood up over her head before recrossing her arms over her chest. As she was ready to walk up the steps, she noticed someone sitting there. It took her a moment to focus, and in the dark she used her night vision, and she realized it was Jake. She smiled slightly to herself, happy to see her friend. She hurried up, stopping in front of him. Ruby nudged Jake's leg with her foot before sitting down next to him - she really didn't care if she made curfew or not.
    "What's up, lonely boy?" She joked, bumping shoulders with him and pulling her hood down. "It's too windy to be sitting out here, what are you doing?" She asked him.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Sun May 12, 2013 8:56 pm

"Hey, Ruby." Jake said. He knew the girl from school, but hadn't spoken to her in a few months, ever since everything had started happening. He wasn't really in the mood to talk, but this girl wasn't the type to take a hint and go away, so he didn't make a fuss. "I'm just relaxing out here, enjoying when it's finally quiet out." He said, his voice that was only slightly louder than a whisper almost drowned out by the city that never slept. He looked around, wondering why he wa sheer at this specific time, and his curiosity got the better of him. "What are you doing here?"
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily Sun May 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Ruby leaned back, her elbows resting on the steps behind her. She spread her legs out in front of her, thinking that if she was gonna be here she might as well be comfortable. After Jake responded, her brow furrowed and raised at the same time.
    "I wouldn't exactly call this relaxing weather... I'd call this pre-hurricane wind." She shook her head and tugged at another red strand. When he asked her what she was doing there, she turned back towards him. "Oh, you know, my parents make me work for my money and I have to walk home all alone. In the dark." She frowned, rolling her eyes to herself as if her parents could see it. "Didn't you see my uniform?" She laughed and looked down at her awful clothing and gagged, unzipping her leather jacket so Jake could see the horrid rags that her employers call a uniform.
    "Goes to show how concerned they are with my safety." She sighed, looking back at Jake. "What brings you to Duffy Square this time of night, yourself? Besides relaxing, of course."
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Sun May 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Aurora walked down the street her head ducked down and her eyes looking at the ground as she walked. Her slender hands held onto her purse tightly due to the wind and also out if fear if being mugged.
    She had a large gash right above her left eye. She had gotten stitches in it about a week ago. Her brother had been crossing the street when a car came speeding down the street, she had run out and pushed her brother out of the way, knowing that she would probably die. To her surprise no such thing had happened. She had managed to somehow create a field around her, protecting her from the car. She only had the field around her long enough not to be killed but not long enough to protect her from the fall she ultimately had. The worse she had was the gash on her face and a couple of bruises here and there.
    From last week she had time to think of herself differently, to look at the different outcomes of what could of happen and to question what did happen and why. Aurora started recalling times in her life where she should have been hurt but for some special reason, had managed to stay safe. Overall she took it well, realizing that she was different but made the choice to decide not to do anything about it. She didn't want to try and replicate it or even try and talk to anyone about it. She just wanted to be normal.
    And so she walked, glancing around every few minutes. Her gray blue eyes spotted a boy and girl talking, she recognized them at school but didn't bother to speak up as she walked towards them.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Sun May 12, 2013 9:27 pm

"That's exciting. My mom won't even let me get a job. She says she won't let me support myself until I'm out of the house. Which doesn't seem likely, since I'm failing all of my classes. I'm probably going to be a sophomore again next year." Jake said. He noticed a couple of people gathering around at Duffy Square. "Oh, I just like to come here and be around some people. When I'm at home, I feel alone." Jake said, with a tone of sadness in his voice. He looked up and saw a girl with stitches, but only glanced for a moment before he looked back down.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily Sun May 12, 2013 9:35 pm

Ruby sighed, realizing that Jake wasn't in the best of places tonight. She bit her lip as she contemplated what she was going to do about it. Ruby looked up as she pondered her options, noticing Aurora from school. Ruby was just one of those people who knew everybody, even if they didn't know her, but that was highly unlikely with a personality like hers.
    "Please, getting a job is hell. You don't want one, trust me. You're lucky that they won't let you get one." She shook her head at how crazy he sounded. When he was talking about how he felt alone at home, she frowned.
    "Now Jake, you know that you're welcome at my house anytime you want right? You have a million places to go besides home, or besides sitting on the steps in the middle of Duffy Square." Ruby rubbed her hands over her legs, attempting to warm herself against the wind. "You could even hang out in my diner until I'm off. Boring, I know, but I think it beats being out here." She joked and laughed a little.
    Feeling adventurous, Ruby called Aurora over.
    "Hey Aurora, come over here!" She thought that a little company could make Jake smile, that way endorphins would be released and he'd be a teensy weensy bit happier.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Sun May 12, 2013 9:41 pm

"That's nice of you." Jake said quietly. He noticed that Ruby called the girl with the stitches over. Jake had never seen her before, but noticed that under the stitches was actually a pretty girl. He shook the thought from his mind as soon as it entered, and didn't say anything again. Jake looked down as the girl came up, and didn't say anything as the scarred girl walked up. He felt himself pull his sleeve up a little higher, enough to hide the few scars he had from the razor.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Sun May 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Aurora glanced up, looking towards the two. She walked over to them, hand still clutching her purse. "Uhm. Hello." She murmured, standing in front of them, her free hand fidgeting with the hem of her sweatshirt. Aurora bit her lip, eyes looking around them nervously. "You need anything?" She asked, slightly confused as to why she was called over, but accepting it nonetheless.
    She recognized both of them from school, though she wasn't really close to either of them. They had probably passed her in the hall a few times, that's probably why she recognized them. They might have had a class or two together but nothing major.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily Sun May 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Ruby sighed, thinking that Aurora would be more talkative and confident but she turned out to be wrong. Ruby stood, rubbing her hands over her backside to get any dirt or pebbles off.
    "Well, Jake and I are heading over to the Starbucks down the street, and I thought that you should join us! Company is always fun, and it's always fun to meet new people." She smiled, offering her hand down to Jake and looking at Aurora.
    "What do you say?" She smiles.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Sun May 12, 2013 10:30 pm

"I'm going to Starbucks?" Jake asked. He absolutely hated coffee, but hey, it was a distraction from the cold outside and from his parents. He didn't mind the company, either. "I'm going to Starbucks." He said, more assertively. He blushed a little, then said nothing. He looked down at his phone. 2:08 A.M. "Are they open?"
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Aurora blinked, then her lips curled upward in a smile. "I think that would be fun. Mm, they might be open, it wouldn't hurt to go and check. If not I'm sure we can always find somewhere else that's open." She said. She shifted her bag on her shoulder, it was starting to feel heavy, what with there being her schoolwork, book, and wallet crammed in the bag.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily Sun May 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Ruby laughed, rolling her eyes. "Starbucks is ALWAYS open." She smiled and pulled Jake up, linking her arm through his. She looked over at Aurora, linking her arm through her's as well.
    "C'mon you two, let's go into someplace where they have some heat and someplace that won't make my butt fall asleep." She pulled them along down the road. "So, Jake, do you know Aurora?" She asked, looking between the two. "If not, introduce yourself." She smiled. Ruby enjoyed this, it was fun getting to know new people and she could tell that Jake had more than noticed Aurora.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Sun May 12, 2013 11:19 pm

"Hi, Aurora." Jake said. Luckily, he hasn't stuttered. "I'm Jake. Jake Stacy." He said, and didn't feel nervous, which was a good sign. Jake looked around. "Let's go to Starbucks, then." He said. He wasn't exactly sure how he had wound up in this situation, but he was glad that he was. His mother wouldn't be home for a few more hours, so he would be fine until then. He'd have to hurry to make sure he got on every train on time, but that would be okay since it was Friday night and Thanksgiving break was starting and luckily, they wouldn't have to worry about school for the next week. He wasn't, however, looking forward to the lecture about skipping school today.

(OOC: It's November. Lol)
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Sun May 12, 2013 11:27 pm

(Thanks)

"Hello Jake," Aurora said as she started walking to the Starbucks. "I'm Aurora
    Manning, I think I've seen you around school once or twice." She glanced back at him, giving him a quick smile before continuing on walking. After a pause she asked "So what are you two doing out at this fine hour? Something legal, I hope." She walked into the Starbucks and turned to face them.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily Sun May 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Ruby flashed a sly grin, laughing. "Of course! He was just his usual loner self and I decided that sitting next to him was better than going home alone in the dark." She smiled, pulling them both into the Starbucks. "And, if you don't know, I'm Ruby." She introduced herself to Aurora, getting in line for coffee. There wasn't really a line though, it was too late for that.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Sun May 12, 2013 11:39 pm

Jake grinned. "I don't talk to many people at school, so sorry if I don't ever notice." He said sheepishly. "I'm trying to focus on my schoolwork, since it's so hard for me to do lately. Algebra is kicking my ass." He said, sighing. His backpack was still hugged against him, but it was full of homework that was long neglected, since he either felt so bad he had to put himself to bed, or couldn't read it. Either way, schoolwork left him with both a headache and a bad grade. Not to mention he had the most evil teachers, saying the cheesy old "talented but lazy" thing. He didn't dare tell the girls they had him in special Ed for his "reading" classes, such as history and English.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Sun May 12, 2013 11:52 pm

"Ruby! There we go, I was trying to remember your name and it was on the tip of my tongue but I just couldn't get it." Aurora exclaimed with a smile and cheeks stained red. Aurora looked at Jake sympathetically, school was easy for her. "Algebra sucks. Don't worry too much about it though, I'm sure you'll get it." She said, trying to sound reassuring. She ordered something and pulled out her wallet and handed over some money to the cashier.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Mon May 13, 2013 12:10 am

Jake ordered a drink and a small cookie and handed the cashier the money. He looked around for a table to sit at and realized that with the exception of the barista and a woman who looked really tired, they were the only ones in the coffee shop. "I hope we can find a spot." He said, grinning.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Mon May 13, 2013 12:21 am

Aurora looked around then laughed, "I don't know the place looks pretty busy." She glanced at him, smile still on her face as she sat down with her drink and set her purse on the floor next to her seat. She tucked her hair behind her ear and took a sip of her drink.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Mon May 13, 2013 12:29 am

OOC: Emily's off for the night so we should probably stop here.
    IC: Jake followed Aurora's lead and sat down at the same table. He wiped off part of the seat with his sleeve because someone had spilt something on the seat next to him. He grimaced, then looked back up at his new friends.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily Mon May 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Ruby ordered a chocolate chip muffin and a chocolate chip frappe and paid the cashier. She smiled as she watched Aurora and Jake seat themselves, following after once she received her order.
    "We'll, I'm glad you two seem to have hit it off." She smiled, sipping at her frappe.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Mon May 13, 2013 10:56 pm

Aurora nodded and took a sip of her drink. She rest her head in her right hand, waiting for something to say but not finding the right words. Yawning she ran her fingers through her hair until pulling it back into a low pony tail. "What did you two get to drink?"
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Mon May 13, 2013 11:14 pm

Jake grinned, looking down at a menu, wondering if there was anything else tasty at the moment. "I got a Dr. Pepper. I hate the way coffee tastes." He said, with a grimace, thinking of the taste. He looked around at the establishment, wondering why it was so deserted and then getting hit with the realization if how late it actually was. This thought sobered him and brought him back to reality as he looked up and waited expectantly for Ruby's answer.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily Tue May 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Ruby watched them, sipping silently as she watched them interact. She leaned back in her chair, her waves falling behind. "I got a chocolate chip frappe." Ruby answered, sipping some more. "What did you get, Aurora?" Ruby returned the question, thinking silently to herself about her day. She glanced up at the clock, noticing that by now it was almost three in the morning.
    It's a good thing it's Saturday tomorrow...Ruby thought to herself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content