Super Heroes We Became

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A spin off of Super Hero Become

3 posters

GENESIS - 1x01

Emmalee
    Emmalee

GENESIS - 1x01 - Page 2 Empty Re: GENESIS - 1x01

Post by Emmalee Tue May 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Hiding a yawn behind her hand, she replied "I just got a mocha or whatever you call it." Aurora shrugged before taking another sip. Usually she didn't stay out this late, her mother wouldn't allow it, but she had left after she had gone to bed for some fresh air and time to think. She would have to be back before her mother came to 'wake' her up, but that wasn't for awhile now.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Tue May 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Jake also noticed the clock. 2:53 A.M. assaulted him in the form of horrifically bright red florescent numbers. He just realized that he would definitely have to rush on the train to beat his mother home. He was only about 26 blocks from home but the train was the fastest way to get there. The only other option was a taxi, and his mother would notice when she did his weekly money check. Jake realized again how pathetic it was that his mother kept an eye on all of his expenses. Why wouldn't she let him learn on his own? Why did she have to protect him so much? And did she realize that she couldn't protect him against his greatest enemy...himself? These thoughts rushed through the young boys' mind. Then what had happened on the roof did. Stuff like that only happened in movies and comic books. Not to people like Jake. Sure, he had a learning disability and he felt sad a lot lately, but there were no bizarre accidents. He hadn't been bitten by a radioactive spider and wasn't from another planet, he knew that from the birth VHS his mother had and showed him every year on his winter birthday. But yet, he had flown. Well, he levitated. But he knew where the movies went from here. And as he thought of this, he realized something.

"I can fly." He said, so quietly that he barely even heard himself.

OOC: sorry for details, trying for character development lol
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Tue May 14, 2013 11:53 pm

She looked at him, her gray blue eyes keen on his face. She cocked her head to the side, not sure whether or not she heard him right. Perhaps it was just the lateness of the hour which caused her to hear such a strange thing come from his mouth. But something made her not brush it off as something else, she had to remind herself that just last week she had survived a car accident that would've surely killed her if not for a twist of fate that gave her the ability to shield herself.
    Aurora then found herself whispering back "You can fly?"

Ooc: details are the best dude

Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Tue May 14, 2013 11:58 pm

Jake looked up, attempting to hide the shock from his face. He stumbled with his words, then said "Um, it's really late, and I'm just saying stupid stuff. To be honest..." Jake said this part with trepidation, "It's me getting over one of my fears I've had since I was little. I'm not scared of airplanes anymore. So I can fly again." He said, congratulating himself on the inside for coming up with something so fast.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Wed May 15, 2013 12:08 am

"Oh." Her face fell slightly, somehow she had let herself get hopeful that that she wasn't alone in being like this. But instead she had set herself up for disappointment. Her fingered lingered about her stitches momentarily, pulling a few strands of hair out of the wound. "Congratulations, I guess." She said, trying to give him a convincing smile.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily Wed May 15, 2013 6:03 am

Ruby shifted in her seat, her eyes flying wide. Knowing Jake, that wasn't just a slip up. Ruby bit the corner of her lip, deciding how she was going to handle this. Ruby noticed how Aurora's eyes lit up a little bit when he said so, and this intrigued her the most.
    Ruby felt the air getting tense and awkward after Jake's random spout about flying and sat up, fixing her hair a bit and throwing her garbage into the basket, the garbage falling in perfectly.
    I knew I always had a good arm. Ruby thought smugly to herself, smirking and turning back to them.
    "Hey, I'll pay for the taxi if you guys wanna ride with me back? I'm sure we all live in the same general area or something." She laughed lightly, trying to brighten the mood slightly.
    Jake really needed some cheering up.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Wed May 15, 2013 9:49 am

Jake's eyes flickered up at the girl's words. "The Royal Ridge apartments are kind of far away. At least 30 blocks." Jake said. "That's not gonna be cheap." He noted.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily Wed May 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Ruby shrugged. "It's my parent's money, I don't care." She laughed and looked to Aurora. "You up for it?" She asked, raising her eyebrows as she asked the question. She turned back to Jake, adding, "I don't live that far from Royal Ridge anyway." Ruby smiled softly at him, hoping that he knew that if he needed to open up he could. She didn't want to probe him now, but she would later.
    I can't be the only different one here. Ruby thought to herself, hopeful that Jake hadn't slipped up, that he could actually fly.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Wed May 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Jake remained steadfast in his decision to not talk to the girls about what ha happened today until he had figured it out for himself. He wasn't sure what he was, but he was sure that he knew he was still the same person, just with a weird ability. "If you say so." Jake said, with a smile.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Wed May 15, 2013 9:40 pm

"Oh. Uhm, yeah sure I guess. I live around there anyway." Aurora replied, finishing up her coffee. Inside she thought of how she would get back into her family's apartment, deciding the best way would be up the fire escape. Her lips curled upward slightly as she thought about the night's events. Somehow she felt better about herself and her power, even if if she was the only one.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily Wed May 15, 2013 10:33 pm

Ruby nodded, smiling. "Okay, great!" She walked outside, whistling loud and clear for a taxi. One appeared quickly and she opened the door for her friends to climb in.
    "Aurora said she lives around here, so we'll drop her off first, then we'll drop you off Jake. Sound like a plan?" She offered.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Thu May 16, 2013 12:58 am

"Sounds good to me." Jake said, the bitter November air trying to answer for him as the wind blew around. He got in the cab. Jake was unsure who he was now. He never would have accepted an invitation of friends before what happened today, but he felt alone. These girls had nothing to do with him, and yet it seemed as though he'd known them for a while. The girl, Aurora, had an interesting backstory that her stitches told, but he hadn't wanted to seem impolite in asking what had happened. He was definitely going to hang out with them more, his heart leaped at companionship and he definitely needed somebody. Jake realized, that for once, at least for now, he didn't feel alone. He hasn't thought about his parents...and his life was looking up.

The day he had planned it to end, it had just begun.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Thu May 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Aurora rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand as she sat in the back of the cab. Her fingers hovered above her stitches, trying to fix the few strands of hair the wind had blown out of place. She placed her hands in her lap and looked out the window for a minute, her eyes drooping. She caught herself before she fell asleep, but she had been pretty close to it.
    Her mind was slow, sluggish even, at this point at night, or morning, but she kept herself awake. Aurora didn't want to make her new found friends think that she thought them boring. She was happy that she decided to come out tonight, despite her fears before hand of getting in trouble. She had a few people back at school that she knew, but wasn't necessarily friends with. No one that she would call up and meet outside of school. Aurora spent most of her time alone, or playing with her younger brother, or helping her mother. She mostly just sat in her room and painted, nothing amazing, just simple things.
    Yes, having people to actually call friends was new to her but it was something that she would be willing to get used to.
    Emily
    Emily
    Admin

Post by Emily Thu May 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Ruby stopped in her tracks, hearing screams and large booms in the distance. Sirens were blaring and she widened her eyes, narrowing them to make her night vision become active.
    "Um... On second thought, you guys take the cab." She bit her lip, handing Jake a 100 dollar bill from her parents. "Keep the change, I have to go do something."
    Ruby gave them the best smile she could to mask her horror of what she could see in the distance.
    "See you tomorrow maybe?" She suggested, trying not to sound rude but she needed to find out who was behind this and help.
    Ruby wished that she wasn't the only different one she knew, then she wouldn't feel so alone even among company but she felt like there was no one out there besides her helping with these tragedies that seemingly came out of nowhere, but she knew better.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Thu May 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Jake was shocked, but accepted the money. He nodded, and yelled out apartment 5B to Ruby so she could visit him tomorrow. As the cab driver took off, Jake looked out the front of the window in silence. It wouldn't be long until someone began talking again, but for now he enjoyed the silence. He looked down at his phone, noticing the 3:31 time before he realized he would be fine, his mother wouldn't be home until about 4. He couldn't wait until she finished her night classes and became a registered nurse. Until then, he would have to deal with the fact that their late night talks and movies were over for now. He knew that she was sacrificing everything for him, an he felt selfish. He had attempted to sacrifice his life today and she would have never recovered. He looked down at his wrist, and saw the scar. He left it uncovered as he looked back out of the window. He looked back out of the window, and asked a question. "Where do you think she went?" Jake asked.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Thu May 16, 2013 6:04 pm

Aurora shrugged, having heard the sirens but not thinking that they would be connected. "I'm not sure, it doesn't make sense for her to just run off like that. Though she might have just remembered something? Maybe she forgot something she had to do." She said, voice soft. She sat up, "I suppose we'll just have to ask her tomorrow, won't we?"
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Thu May 16, 2013 6:11 pm

"Yeah. You two can come over to my house. It's Apartment 5B in the Royal Ridge apartments, but my mom is saving up money for us to move to Midtown, so I don't have to go so far to get to school." Jake said. He looked out the window at the passing lights. What had been quiet was waking up, and he knew he had to sleep at least until noon. "Why don't you text me tomorrow, here's my number." He said, pulling out a pen. He reached for her hand.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Thu May 16, 2013 7:25 pm

"Sounds like a plan," She said and held out her hand for him. It had taken her a second for her to figure out what he was reaching for and why before she had realized. "I'll have to ask my mom if I can come over, she might be a little weird about it though, but I'll sure she'll let me."
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Thu May 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Jake wrote in his fancy handwriting 555-1375 on the girl's hand. He noticed that his hands were a lot rougher than hers, and as soon as he was done writing, he pulled them away. "You can just text me when you're coming. I'm a light sleeper." He said. He also took into account what she had said about her mother. "Well, we don't have to stay at my house. We can leave once we've grouped up." He offered.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Thu May 16, 2013 11:40 pm

She nodded, thankful that he was being understanding. She pulled her hand back and glanced down at the number, noting his nice handwriting. "Thanks," she rubbed the back of her neck with her hand, " Don't expect me much before noon though, I'm going to be tired tomorrow." Aurora laughed a little.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Thu May 16, 2013 11:46 pm

"I like to sleep in too." Jake said, with a laugh. He realized that he would have to go all Hurricane Jake on his bedroom to make sure it was guest compatible. He grinned sheepishly.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Thu May 16, 2013 11:59 pm

Aurora rubbed her eyes, her lips still curled upward. "You have any siblings, Jake? I have a younger brother, his name's Thomas. He's a pretty sweet kid."
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Fri May 17, 2013 12:01 am

"Just one, but he can be a royal prick. His name is Jack. He's two years older, and the all around favorite of my dad. Makes way better grades. Honestly I think my parents just had me so they had someone to compare him to. He doesn't even have to try and he looks better than me. You're lucky Thomas is a sweet kid. I hope he stays that way." Jake said, with a glimmer in his eyes.
    Emmalee
    Emmalee

Post by Emmalee Fri May 17, 2013 12:07 am

Her eyebrows knit together and her lips were set to a frown. "I'm sorry to hear that, I'm sure he doesn't look better than you, and don't put yourself down with all of that either. He's probably not better, you're just different compared to him." Aurora said gently, sounding sincere.
    Alex
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex Fri May 17, 2013 12:20 am

"It's hard not to put yourself down when you're compared to perfection." Jake said solemnly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content